The application period for Fall 2020 research internships will be April 27th-May 11th. The application form will be available on the website on April 24th.Application Form
The Research Internship an unpaid position with Student Legal Services open to pre-law students. Up to six interns each semester have the opportunity to explore the legal field or issues of interest to our office and/or themselves.
PLEASE NOTE: Student Legal Services is not an academic unit, so we cannot offer internships for course credit; however, you may be eligible to receive course credit through your college/department. Check with your college/department for specific requirements for the satisfactory completion of a for-credit internship.
Students from all majors are welcome to apply. Applicants should be considering a career related to law.
- Currently registered at UF with a class standing of sophomore or higher by the time the internship begins
- Interested in the legal field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Conduct law-related research under the supervision of the Associate Director
- Participate in an individual orientation and two progress meetings during the semester
- Develop projects that will enhance the intern’s knowledge of the legal field
- Commit to at least five hours per week over 15 weeks (75 total hours during the fall or spring semesters) or over 12 weeks (60 total hours during summer semester) to the project
- PLEASE NOTE: Internships for course credit may require more of a time commitment. Check with your college/department for specific requirements for the satisfactory completion of a for-credit internship.
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to a general intake form, applicants should be prepared to provide the completed position-specific application form, a cover letter, current resume, one professional reference and the answer to an application question.
Our office will email you to confirm receipt of the general intake form. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm receipt of all necessary documentation. We will then review the application packets submitted during the specified time frame and contact those selected for interviews.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. Failure to do so may disqualify you from consideration.