SLS offers free in-person and remote notary services for UF students.
- Please call to make an appointment at 352-392-5297
- You will be given instructions over the phone regarding the remote notary process
- You will be directed to email Joy Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment
- For in-person notaries:
- We ask that you show up on time for your appointment and call 352-392-5297 when you have arrived.
- A staff member will greet you at the door after you have called.
- We ask that only the person signing the document come into the office.
- You should always keep your mask on.
- You can bring your own pen, or one will be provided for you which you can keep.
Stay safe and follow all UF safety protocols while waiting outside of the office.
Monday-Friday, 9-11:30am OR 1:30-4pm . Please have your government issued ID ready.
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
NOTE: Some documents – such as Real Estate Closings, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, and Designations of Health Care Surrogate – may require an appointment. Please click here to make an appointment if you have these types of documents to be notarized.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, or passport)
NOTE: Some fees may apply (excessive documentation, non-students, etc.). Please make sure to bring exact change.
- STUDENTS: Free with valid student Gator1 ID (most notarizations)
- FACULTY/STAFF: $5 per notarization, $10 per certified copy of passport
Student Legal Services can assist with I-9 FORMS – please click here for more information.
It is illegal for a Florida Notary Public to produce certified copies of Marriage Certificates, Death Certificates, Certificates of Citizenship or Naturalization, Student Transcripts, Federal or State Tax forms, etc.
Pursuant to Office Policy, we do not notarize I-20s, and other DHS documents.